Tuesday 3 November 2009

Draft Webpage


I used my research in existing artist websites to aid the design of my webpage. I centred the content block with a fixed width. The artist's logo ("Arcade Fire") is displayed prominently in the header below the iconic imagery of the child from the music video. The navigational links are clearly displayed with a backglow to indicate their active link status. The content of the page fills the content block with a light colour so that it is easily readable against the dark background. I chose a standard sans-serif font for the text so that it was legible at a small size.

I included multimedia such as embedding the music video and song in order to bring greater interactivity to my website. Websites that I researched all included these elements in order to satisfy the website viewer's expectation of being able to see and hear the artist's work.

The websites that I researched had prominent imagery of the artist dominating the header of every page. As I did not have access to the members of the band for my song, I decided to use the actor from my music video. As he appeared on my CD cover as well, I hoped to use the imagery of him lying on the floor multiple times to develop a motif.

For the background I used a sepia-toned image of motion-blurred road to emphasise the theme of travel that I had developed on the CD cover. The white line from the road acted as a separator between the header/navigation and content. By integrating the imagery into the layout, I created a more cohesive design that was both aesthetically appealing and easy to use from a User Experience perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment