Tuesday 15 September 2009

Audience Questionnaire

In order to understand what my audience wanted, I conducted a questionnaire amongst the age group:

1. How old are you?
14 (0)
15 (0)
16 (0)
17 (10)
18 (0)
19+ (0)

2. Do you watch music video TV channels?
All the time (2)
Sometimes (7)
Rarely (1)
Never (0)

3. Which style of music video do you prefer?
Wholly Narrative (2)
Wholly Performance (2)
Contains Both (6)

4. Do you prefer music videos to be...
Conventional (0)
Artistic / creative (9)
Unsure (1)

5. Would you like a music video which doesn't feature the artist?
Sure (5)
I Don't Think So (5)

6. Do you think music videos can tell good narrative stories?
Yes (10)
No (0)
Unsure (0)


My results showed me that most seventeen year-old teenagers only watch music video TV channels sometimes, prefer music videos with both a narrative section and a performance, prefer creative and artistic videos to paint-by-colours music videos, definitely think videos can tell good narrative stories but are undecided on if they'd watch a music video that doesn't feature the artist.

This affected my video because I was wondering how heavily the narrative section of my video should be featured. The consensus from my questionnaire was that the narrative story was more interesting than the performance, though it should not exclude the performance. This helped me in my editing process to determine the balance between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment