Tuesday 22 September 2009

Track Decision

I decided to use the song "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire because of its rich lyrical ties to my treatment. A common interpretation of the song is a telling of the story of growing up and learning, as a child, to be an adult. Lines such as "children, wake up, hold your mistake up / before they turn the summer into dust" tell a vivid warning to children to be honest. The line "if the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up" also strongly connotes the process of growing up and seeing the world for what it really is. The narrative section of my video treatment is about a child leaving home and seeing the dangers of the world; depression, alcoholism and drug abuse. I felt that "Wake Up" was a perfect lyrical match for my treatment. Musically, the song's arrangement is very orchestral and contemplative, which also fit my criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment